How you can help
We welcome Donations and Volunteers. Peter Maurin, co-founder with Dorothy Day of the Catholic Worker movement and the person chiefly responsible for the movement’s visionary qualities once said, “People who are in need and are not afraid to beg, give to people not in need the occasion to do good for goodness’ sake.” We hope Maurin’s vision will inspire financial support and volunteerism for the St. Francis - St. Joseph Worker House.
St. Francis - St. Joseph Catholic Worker House is 100% self-supporting. We do not receive government funding. However, we are blessed with a few generous donors who help us financially every year; others choose a budget item, like our gas and electric bill or telephone bill, and pledge to pay it on an ongoing basis. Others simply help when they are able to. Our needs are simple and we manage our resources carefully. However, with rising food and energy prices, the need for financial support is great. Can you help?
We accept donations online, or by mail to: St. Francis - St. Joseph Catholic Worker House, P.O. Box 14274, Cincinnati Ohio 45250-0274. Checks are payable to The Friends of the Catholic Worker House. To learn more about our financial needs and explore how you might be able to help offset our expenses, please contact . The SFSJCWH is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and donations are tax deductible.
Perishable and non-Perishable Goods
- House Goods: Tissue paper (e.g. Kleenex), paper towels, writing tablets, copier/printer paper, etc.
- Hygiene: Disposable razors, toilet tissue, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, towels/washcloths, mouthwash, etc.
- Cleaning Supplies: cleaning clothes, sponges, bar soap, cleaners, detergent, brooms, mops, furniture polish, buckets, floor cleaner, bathroom cleaner, etc.
- Mens Clothing: New or gently used shoes, work boots, warm jackets/coats, scarves, gloves, stocking caps, socks, t-shirts, sweaters, pants, underwear, blankets, etc.
- Kitchen Items: condiments (catsup, mustard, relish), staples (flour, sugar, cornmeal, rice) coffee, canned goods, tomato sauce/paste, fresh fruits and vegetables, any meat or cold cuts, peanut butter, jelly, chips, bars (anything that would go in a bag lunch)
Drop off donated goods to our House Manager or staff person at:
1437 Walnut Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
seven days a week between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.